Annual Meeting of the Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators, Irvine, CA, January 2011
- Bay-Williams, J., Gutiérrez, R., Kitchen, R., Celedón-Pattichis, S., Thompson, D. What Experiences in Methods Courses or Professional Development Best Prepare Teachers to Support ELLs?” (PowerPoint)
American Educational Research Association (AERA) Annual Meeting, April 8-12, 2011, New Orleans, LA.
- Celedón-Pattichis, S., Musanti, S. I., & Marshall, M. E. (2011, April). “Equity issues in mathematics: A researchers' and bilingual teachers' collaborative professional development." In J. Aguirre (Chair) symposium, "Advancing mathematics learning for Latina/o students: Innovative models of teacher professional development.”
- Díez-Palomar, J., Civil, M., & Molina Roldán, S. (2011, April). “Family involvement in mathematics education: Spaces for participation." Paper presented as part of a symposium "Rewind and reimagine: Using video as unfiltered evidence of parental participation in school mathematics.”,
- Kondek McLeman, L., & Menéndez, J. M. (2011, April). Teachers and researchers adapting instruction for Latino/a students: A collaborative model for professional development. (PowerPoint) In J. Aguirre (chair), Advancing mathematics learning of Latina/o students: Innovative models of professional development. Symposium conducted at the meeting of the American Education Research Association (AERA), New Orleans, LA.
- López Leiva, C. A. & Dominguez, H. (2011, April). “Mexican mothers' reflections on their dialogues in proximity: Revisiting dialogic interspaces." In E. Murillo (Chair) symposium, "Rewind and Re-Imagine Using Video as Unfiltered Evidence of Parental Participation in School Mathematics."
- Zahner, W., Velazquez, G., Moschkovich, J.N., Vahey, P., & Lara-Meloy, T. Paper presented, “Teaching Practices with technology that support mathematical discussions with Latino/a students.”
- Zahner W. Paper presented, “'Nobody can sit there:' Two perspectives on the mediation of mathematics problem contexts.”
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) Research Pre-session, April 11-13, 2011, Indianapolis, IN
- López Leiva, C. A., Torres, Z. N., & Viego, G., (2011, April). “Exploring mathematics re-socialization processes of three Latina/o students." Interactive Paper Session.(PowerPoint)
Annual Meeting of the Jean Piaget Society, Berkeley, CA, June 2011
- Zahner, W. “Examining the interactive construction of authority in bilingual students' group mathematical discussions.”
- Zahner, W. & Moschkovich, J. N. “Code switching as a resource for mathematical reasoning: Bilingual Latino/a students' use of two languages during group mathematical discussions.”
International Symposium on Bilingualism and Bilingual Education in Latin America, Oaxaca de Juãrez, Mexico, July 2011
- Dominguez, H. & López Leiva, C. A. ”The proportional power and proportional reasoning of Latino bilingual students.”
34th annual conference of Mathematics Education Research Group of Australasia (MERGA), July 3-7, 2011, Alice Springs, Australia.
- Civil, M. (2011, July). “Lessons learned from the Center for the Mathematics Education of Latinos/as: Implications for research with non-dominant, marginalized communities.” (plenary talk).
International Commission on Mathematics Instruction (ICMI) Study 21 Conference: Mathematics Education and Language Diversity, Aguas de Lindóia, September 16-20, 2011, São Paulo, Brasil.
- Civil, M. & Planas, N. Paper to be presented, “Language policy and the teaching and learning of mathematics.”
- López Leiva, C. A., Torres, Z. N., & Khisty, L. L. Paper presented, “Exploring the 'chanzas' for bilingual students to understand probability: Using bilingual resources in mathematics."
International Society for Cultural and Activity Research (ISCAR) triennial international Congress, Rome, Italy, September 2011
- Acosta-Iriqui, J., Civil, M. Díez-Palomar J., & Menéndez, J. M. “Latino families and mathematics education: Involvement, perceptions, and expectations.”
Annual Conference of the North American Chapter of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education (PME-NA), Reno, NV, October 20-23, 2011
- Lozano, G. & Wood, M. “Educational metaphors in teachers' construction and framing of problem of practice.”